Chamber Serves Initiative
In order to fully champion community prosperity, the St. George Area Chamber of Commerce knows that our members must help those around us who are in need.
Our Chambers Serves Initiative is in the business of doing good and impacting lives for the better.
Each month the Chamber partners with a different non profit to perform service to our community.
Each month, dozens of our Chamber members participate in these service projects. So far in 2021 we have helped build a house with Habitat for Humanity, completed a hygiene product drive for RRCI (collected over 3,000 items), sorted and packaged 10,400 pounds of food at the Utah Food Bank, collected 66 large trash bags full of trash from the side of the highway, and have donated more than $6,000 to community causes.
We know that the private sector can be a leader in helping those who are most in need. We are grateful to our Chamber members who give of their time and resources monthly to change lives and better our community.
Through the Chamber Serves Initiative, the Chamber has developed the following ten ideas to help businesses find meaningful ways to give back to the community:
- Include volunteerism and community giving as part of your company’s core values.
- Adopt a local nonprofit to support annually.
- Create a Volunteer Time Off (VTO) policy for employees.
- Launch a company day of service where the entire company joins together for a service project.
- Hold a company-wide competition to raise funds or gather donations for a nonprofit in need.
- Match employee charitable contributions on a specific day, week, or month.
- Encourage employees to participate in existing give-back programs like Amazon Smile or box tops.
- Launch a company social media campaign to raise awareness of community needs.
- Send a weekly or monthly internal communication highlighting ways employees are giving back to the community.
- Create your own corporate foundation. to address specific needs in the community.